With the Confirmation Statement, you must confirm that your basic company information has been delivered and is up to date.
If any information needs to be updated (e.g. Registered Office), you must file these changes using the relevant forms (paper or online) before submitting the Confirmation Statement.
You will need:
- 10 minutes
- A valid WebFiling Authentication Code
- Check and confirm your company details are up to date (e.g, share capital, service address, SIC code)
- If you want to add new shares to your company, you will need to have completed the issue of shares procedure before doing your confirmation statement.
- If you want to transfer shares in your company, you will need to have completed the transfer of shares procedure before doing your confirmation statement.
Steps to complete the DIY Confirmation Statement:
1. Company Details
- After your purchase, the Confirmation Statement will appear on your dashboard. Click "Continue".
2. If you have not already updated your company information, click the "click here" button. This will ensure your Confirmation Statement is completely up to date with the information that Companies House currently holds for you.
3. Confirmation Statement Date
- Your company's Confirmation Statement date is usually the anniversary of the incorporation or the last Confirmation Statement filed at Companies House. You can enter an earlier date or leave it as is.
4. Has your company traded on the regulated market?
- If your company has not traded on a regulated market (e.g., London Stock Exchange) select "No" - the majority of companies will select no.
- If you answer yes, you will need to answer further questions.
5. Classification (SIC) codesHere, you will choose a code which reflects your company's business activity, if you are unhappy with the current selection of SIC codes then read below:
- Click the "trade classification code" link to find the SIC code that reflects your company's business activity.
- Once happy with your selection, click the "Continue" button.
6. Registered Office
- If your registered office address has changed, enter the new address. If you do not see this option, continue to step 7.
7. Secretary and Director
- If given the option, update the secretary and director details. If you do not see this option, continue to step 8.
8. Share CapitalThis is the total issued share capital in the company. The share capital is divided by currency and then divided by the share class within each currency. Individual shareholding details are completed in the next step.
- Choose the type of "Share Class" and the "Amount Paid".
- Click "Continue".
9. ShareholdingsThis section represents if the company's share structure changed since the last Confirmation Statement or since incorporation if this is the first Confirmation Statement. You need to update the shareholder information in regards to any transfer of shares or issue of shares that were made either to or from each shareholder.
All updates are for the period since the last Confirmation Statement was filed.
- I have already completed a transfer of shares
Continue to step 10
- I have issued additional shares
Skip to step 12
- The share structure has not changed
Skip to step 16
10. Enter new transferAs you have already completed a transfer of shares, you now need to reflect this information here.
- Click "edit" next to the shareholder who you are removing the shares from.
- Enter the amount of shares they now hold and click "Save".
- Then, click "add new transfer" next to the same shareholder.
- Enter the date they transferred their shares and the amount of shares transferred and save.
11. Transfer new shares
- Select "edit" next to the shareholder receiving the shares and amend the share figure to the updated amount.
- If the shareholder does not appear select "add new shareholder" (located at the top right-hand corner of page).
- Enter the updated shares held and click "Save".
The new transfer will appear next to the shareholder:
Repeat from step 10
All transfers are now recorded
Continue to step 12
12. Additional sharesHave you issued any additional shares since the last confirmation statement or since the incorporation if this is the first confirmation statement? If yes, an issue of shares (SH01) must be completed first before continuing this section.
- Yes, additional shares have been issued
Continue to step 13
- No, the number shares have not increased
Skip to step 16
13. Assign new shares
- If the shareholder who has been issued the new shares is an existing shareholder, click "edit" next to their name.
- If the shareholder is not listed click "add new shareholder".
14. Assign new shares
- Enter the new total for number held.
- If editing an existing shareholder, the total number held will be the current number held plus the new amount issued and save.
15. Have all shares been allocated?You can check this by clicking "add new shareholder" and checking the available shares. It will display '0' if all shares have been allocated.
- Yes, all shares have now been allocated
Continue to step 16
- No, some shares still need to be allocated
Repeat from step 13
16. Final SummaryNext, you will see the Final Summary, confirm all the details and click "Send Application". Please note, this is the stage before you submit, so if you need to make any changes please go back.
Please sign in to leave a comment.