Take a look at some of our common queries below to find out how we can help:
- How do I open a business bank account?
- "Pending" company registration
- What details do I need to form a limited company?
- Do I need to register for VAT?
- I have trouble logging in
- I want to cancel my service
- Do I need to provide you with proof of ID documents?
- How do I set up a UK company?
- Will I need an accountant?
- I live overseas. Can I apply for a UK bank account?
How do I open a business bank account?
We've teamed up with Barclays, Tide, Anna and CardOne to offer a business bank account with £50-£100 cash back* (excludes CardOne) for UK residents who form their company through one of our company formation packages.
All you need to do is simply select the bank you're interested in when completing your online company registration.
Is your company already incorporated? No problem, click to apply below:
*Terms and conditions apply.
Back to the top
"Pending" company registration
We aim to have your company incorporated within 1 day, excluding weekends and bank holidays. However, it can take longer as this is dependant on Companies House's workload or if there are any technical difficulties.
As soon as your company is incorporated, we'll email the company number along with how to find your registration documents.
You can check the status of the company registration at any time, by logging into your account (login required).
What details do I need to form a limited company?
When forming a limited company online with us, you will need:
- Proof of ID and address.
- A company name, company address and business activity.
- Officer details.
- Share capital and shareholder details (limited by shares only).
- People with Significant Control (PSC) details.
For continued reading on the topic, click on the article below:
- What Details do I Need to Form a Limited Company? (Limited by Shares)
- What Details do I Need to Form a Limited Company? (Limited by Guarantee)
Do I need to register for VAT?
You are legally required to register for VAT if your company's turnover is over £85,000 per year.
For further reading on VAT, take a look at the following article:
I have trouble logging in
If you've forgotten your password, you can reset it here. You will also need the email address you entered when you set your account up with us. If you're still having trouble logging in, please contact customer support on +44 (0)207 608 5500, Monday - Friday 9:00am-5:30pm GMT.
I want to cancel my service
If your auto-renew services are due soon but you do not wish to continue with the services please follow these instructions to disable auto-renew. If your services are not set to auto-renew, your services will automatically end and no further payments are required.Please Note: if you were using our N1 registered office and service address, you will need to update these addresses individually via your account or at Companies House.
Do I need to provide you with proof of ID documents?
Yes, we are required by law to verify proof of ID and proof of address for all of our account holders and officers for any company who uses our registered office and service address services. To check which documents we accept, view our documents checklist.
A full guide to our ID checking procedure can be found on the following link:
How do I set up a UK company?
You can set up a UK limited company with us online in a few easy steps, and have it incorporated in just 24 hours (excludes weekends and bank holiday).
Take a look at the related FAQs:
- Types of Limited Companies
- I want to set up a dormant company
- What Details do I need to form a Limited Company? (Limited by Shares)
- What Details do I need to form a Limited Company? (Limited by Guarantee)
- I'm not from the UK. Can I still form a company?
Will I need an accountant?
For certain tasks, we do recommend that you use an accountant. This is why we offer a free consultation with Pearl Chartered Accountants once your company has been incorporated. We provide a number of different accountancy platforms, services and providers as non-obligatory offers during the application for your new limited company so please feel free to review and select whatever works for you!
I live overseas. Can I apply for a UK bank account?
Yes. To set up a bank account for your business in the UK you can either:
- use the account you already have in your country
- open a new account in the UK
- open a UK sterling account in your country
However, If you charge or pay VAT you will need a UK bank account. HMRC will repay any VAT owed to the business directly into the account.
More ways to get help
- For answers to common questions, search our Knowledge Base
- Use our Answer Bot or speak to us via Live Chat using the web widget located in the bottom right of the website, it will have the following symbol:
- Phone us on +44 (0)207 608 5500. We are available Monday - Friday 9:00am-5:30pm GMT
- Email our customer support team email@example.com we aim to answer your query within 24 hours (excluding weekends and bank holidays)
- Have a specific request, use one of our Contact Forms to get a faster response.
Help Center for FAQs
Check our Knowledge Base for quick answers.
Our blog has lots of great tips and information on all aspects of business.
For domain and email support, please visit Websites MadeSimple.
We strive for 100% customer satisfaction however in the unfortunate event you need to make a complaint, please get in touch with us.
Our company address
Made Simple Group
20-22 Wenlock Road
Company number: 04214713
Vat number: GB289462452
Terms and conditions
Your use of the website is subject to these terms and conditions.
We love hearing that you have had a great experience with us. We will always pass on personal comments to the appropriate person or department. You can send us your feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please sign in to leave a comment.